ESA Symposium on earth observation for soil protection and restoration
6 March, 2024 - 7 March, 2024
In the context of the EU soil strategy for 2030, ESA is committed to monitor and service the soil restauration requirements with the Earth observation means and technologies set in place, particularly through Copernicus.
The ESA Symposium on Earth observation for soil protection and restoration will take place in Frascati, near Rome, on the 6th and 7th of March 2024.
We would like to count with your expertise and contributions to the key discussion topics:
- EU Soil policy and Earth Observation: institutional implementation, research, industry, and technology
- Monitoring soil parameters: EO as a trustworthy technique
- Soil Organic Carbon Monitoring: data sources, prediction algorithms, handling of uncertainties
- Soil carbon certification to the light of edge technologies and soil business models
- Advanced satellite instrumentation for soil health
- Soil data and methodologies: AI, geo-statistics, spectroscopy, machine learning and other
- Towards a Copernicus soil monitoring service portfolio
- Remote Sensing of soils: validation methods for agro-policies
- Show-casing potential soil carbon removals in various LULC types, in the short and long terms